First of all – why not? Customized color is created just for you! You’re special and worth it! The answer is simple. Do you want healthy, beautiful vibrant hair? Professionals have practiced their skills to be the best at what they do. Think about it, most Professionals color at least 4 – 5 clients in a day.
All Over Color Versus Retouch! What’s the difference?
All over color and retouch are completely different!
Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to explain. Getting “all over color” differs from a “retouch” because it is all over your hair. It’s a root to ends application. A “retouch” is used when there is a line of demarcation. It goes from your roots to that line where the color was applied.
All over color initially costs more because you are changing your hair color. To maintain this new color, you will need to be on a schedule to return for a retouch. This is typically in 4 to 8 weeks and depends on what color you choose and your natural hair color.
A retouch is an application of color that is only intended to last for 3 or 4 weeks. You will need to return to the salon to maintain the color. When to return will depend on the color that has been chosen and the re-growth line of demarcation.
It does not necessarily benefit you to wait to come in for a retouch. If you return in 8 weeks you still will have a line of demarcation that should have been retouched 3 or 4 weeks prior. So that means that there is now more hair to cover (from the line of demarcation to your roots). That means that more color product has to be used, and it will take longer for your stylist to do this correctly – hence the cost will be higher than a normal retouch.
Benefits of using a professional hair colorist
We all have a choice about where to go for hair color.
Here are some reasons to use a Professional Hair Colorist:
- First – the color looks professional! It’s not haphazard!
- Professional hair colorists are trained in choosing the correct palettes.
- The color tones that professionals have access to are ricer and more vibrant.
- Confidence that your color has been customized just for you.
- Less fading when used in conjunction with your take home care package! This helps with the care necessary to maintain your beautiful color.
- The texture type of your hair influences how the color goes on your hair. Some textures are more resistant to color. This is all taken into consideration when a professional colors your hair.
- Maintenance guesswork is eliminated. You will know when to have your next treatment so that your color can be properly maintained.
- Professional hair stylists have a wide range of colors to choose from. This makes for true custom hair colors.
- The color a professional creates for you will be much closer to what you had in mind than color from a box will be.
- You get specific recommendations for products that will work with your hair color and texture type. It is not hit or miss – the recommendations are based in knowledge and experience.
How often should you get your hair colored?
A professional hair colorist takes into consideration many factors when creating the perfect color formula for your hair. This includes the texture of your hair, the amount of gray in your hair, and the length of your hair.
A consultation prior to any coloring or cuts, is vital to determining what your goals are for your hair.
Once both you and your colorist know what you are trying to achieve, then a plan can be formulated. The plan takes into account realistic times frames for maintenance, budget considerations, and of course, your customized hair style.
Elements Salon And Wellness Spa Blog, elements salon, hair, hair care, hair color, highlights, las vegas salon, salon